Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Long hair don't care?!...

Man, PLEASE!!!!... lol

When I was younger, I prayed for long hair! I thought that if God gave me long hair I would belong in my family!! I was the only girl in the family with short, nappy hair. My mom's hair was jet black and stopped in the middle of her back. My little sister, Jamie, had sandy-brown hair that stopped at her shoulders. Man, my cousin's were even walking around with long, thick hair. It was unfair!!!

I remember walking around with my daddy's t-shirts on my head so I could see what it felt like to have something bouncing on my shoulders when I ran. My cousins laughed, but for once I felt just a tad-bit "normal." This issue haunted me until high school.


I tried just about every hairstyle out there just to keep from feeling so ugly. I wore the "hood wrap", cut my hair in a cute bob, then the halle berry cut, braids, kinky twists, and even a sew-in! I tried it all! Don't believe me?! When my hair started falling out, my mom made the beautician cut off the dead hair and I had to wear FINGER WAVES!!!!!... FREAKIN' FINGER WAVES, DUDE!!! That was the most embarrassing few weeks of my life. SMH!! I still haven't forgiven my mom for that one!


The summer of my junior year I decided that I would no longer get a perm. I couldn't take the chemical burns anymore. I begged my mom to let me keep kinky twist in my hair for a year. She agreed and that was the last time I ever had to worry about a perm!! I was so happy! My best friend, Sequoia, decided that she was over perms too. It was a transition that we went into together. We had each other for support. Lord knows I was gonna need it once I saw what my hair looked like without a perm.

A year later... THERE I WAS... .... No kinky twist or perm!... Just a head full of jet black, NAPPY HAIR!!! lol I loved it!!! At first, I was a little jealous because Sequoia's 'fro was a lot curlier than mine. lol smh Girls... and their issues! I got over it! No one's hair is the same! I couldn't hate on her 'cuz she had waves in the front! lol

Eventually I got tired of the 'fro. I had done every style I could think of. My mom was getting tired of combing it out for me and I couldn't really do it on my own when I went off to college. My mom was alot better at it than I was. My press would only last so long. I knew it was time for something new. Sequoia and I talked about getting 'locs, but neither of us were bold enough to do it. Finally I said I was gonna do it. She was all for it as well!... when it was time to do it... SHE SLICK PUNKED OUT ON ME!!! I didn't think I could do it alone, but I HAD TO! I was so over the 'fro!!!

My sister and I were going on a cruise with my cousin, Lauren's family. I figured I would do it then. My mom was against it so I decided not to talk to her about it anymore. Once on the trip, Lauren twisted my hair and the rest was history!!! LOL... I know!!! BAD GIRL!! When I came back from my seven day cruise, my mom didn't realize what I was doing! lol She thought it was a cute two-strand twist 'do! smh She figured it out once it started looking all bad!!! I had to go 4 months without touching it. You can imagine how nappy it had gotten by then!!!

Anyway... here I am 4 years later with my "long hair!" lol smh!! It's not all it cracked up to be!!! I LOVE my hair, don't get me wrong, but I do get tired of it in the summer. LONG HAIR CAN BE HOT!! I've heard that sooo much growing up! Now I get to see for myself!! So... any day, any month, any YEAR now, this hair will be gone!!!! I haven't decided if I will cut it off or cut it in a cute little "Whoppi Goldberg" bob! *shrugs* I'm not sure! I still have time to figure that out!


Anyway... Here are a few pics to show you how far we've come!!! lol

** HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY, 'LOCKS!!!!**
















































Anyway... #thatisall
Until next time,
♥ Stix
Oh yea, P.S.- Sequoia sucked it up and got her 'locks the next month... July 14th, I think!

1 comment:

  1. mhmmm :) yay! we are both natural whoop whoop! my hair will be ur length in about 2 years :) imma get you girl lol!

    ReplyDelete