Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 23, 2010

ReAl LiFe

Remember when you were younger, and you couldn't wait for your next birthday because it would make you "older."... somewhat more acceptable to those around you?! Man... I still do that! Not to be accepted or anything... I'm just ready to see where life takes me! I'm so ready to experience growth... to really mature into who God wants me to be! I know that takes time and I don't want to rush it!... but a girl can dream, right?! (*insert shrug here)

India Arie updated her twitter today and it made me go back to that time!..."Man, I can't wait until I'm 34!" LOL She is wise BEYOND her years and I know that type of wisdom comes with growth. I look up to her for so many reasons. Before it was because she played the guitar, but now I mainly look up to her because she is a thinker and she doesn't care how people feel about her! She is so in touch with how she feels and can so eloquently throw them out there for the world to enjoy! She makes it seem so easy. I love to see people grow. I remember when she was 26 years old and was just starting in the business. She didn't have the wisdom she has now. She didn't know how to handle the "crude, negative things" people would eventually say about her!... Now... she is NOT playing and I love it!


Recently she updated her twitter to pretty much put some people in their place. Twitter users hide behind their computer and straight up bash her to her face... well her twitter! They actually include her /"@" her so she can read it! People are so mean! They have gotten on her about gaining weight, they have talked about her music, her individuality, and even "rumored" relationships! I feel sorry for her sometimes but she definitely knows how to handle her own! I think people forget that these celebrities are human. They seem to think, if they really care at all, that celebrities are these hardcore people who can take any and every mean thing thrown their way. It's not fair! It's so sad! She wasn't mean or anything though! She simply spoke of where she is in life and pretty much stated that she is who she is and there's nothing anyone can do about it! POINT BLANK! It was really long! Who knows if those people will read it or even care... but for people like me... it made me think!

In so many words, she talked about how she doesn't allow TV to define who she is and how she acts! She won't allow the world to label her as a person or her music!!! She is INDIA!!! and that's that on that!!

I found myself thinking.... Am I THAT sure of who I am?! Have I allowed the world to define me?!... better yet... Have I allowed my religion to define me?! It kind of made me mad because I honestly have to answer "yes" to the second question! Before today I was so afraid of being judged! I didn't want this person to think that I loved God less... or this person to think I had slacked off! smh! Not once taking into consideration of what God thinks... better yet... KNOWS! There is a lady named Shellie that is like that! I see her at church with her head held high with her skinny jeans on and knee boots! She doesn't care one bit if ANYONE judges her... She knows who she is... and she knows what God says about her!!! Those are the kind of people that I want to surround myself with... and honestly... I believe my friends have that mindset! It's just time for me to get on that level!! I mean really... "church folks?" Who the HECK are they anyway?! smh

If I ever meet India Arie, which I probably won't, lol... I'll have to thank her for being so transparent! That girl is the bomb.com!!! I'm trying to get where she is... SHOOOOOOOOOT!

Thank YOU GUYS for even reading as I ramble about whatever comes to mind! LOL! My best friend and I had already spoken about it today, but I had to write how I felt!!!!

ok!!! Enough with all that!!!! It's Sunday... You going to church?! I'm not! lol I'm soooo tired!!!

Until next time,
P-ce!

1 comment:

  1. yea church folk are most judgmental imma have to write a blog about that soon!

    ReplyDelete