Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend-- STL

::singing:: "When I first saw you, I said oh my!... That's a dream. That's my dream. I needed a dream when it all I seemed to go bad.... THEN I FOUND YOU!"

lol... Yep, St. Louis was that amazing!!! The city, I mean. The trip with the girls was a TRIP... in more ways than one! lol I can honestly say I had a good time inspite of the KATNESS that transpired. I was a bit frustrated with the group I went with, but I realized that some things are to be expected when you go on a trip with a group of girls with so many different personalities. When I came to that conclusion, I was able to move forward and have a good time. We went to a few lounges downtown and had a lot of fun! My dance partner, Renee, was there. I don't know why I need her to motivate me to dance! lol I have so much fun dancing when she's around!!

On Sunday, I hung out with my Godmommy and Godsister. I had not seen them since I was like 6 or 7. My sister found me on facebook about 6 months ago and we hit it off. I remembered a lot about her and realized that not much had changed. As soon as I knew I was going to St. Louis I contacted her to make sure they would be in town. I'm so glad I did! We had brunch at a pretty cool restaurant. I can't remember the name of it for some reason. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather while catching up on what's new with all of us. The food was AMAZING! I had an omelete that pretty much changed my life! Good stuff!

My mom and dad lived in St. Louis for the first few years of my life. I was able to see where we used to live as well. Now that was pretty cool. After telling my mom about that experience, she shared some really cool stories. I don't remember the good times my parents had. It was nice to hear how in love they were at that time. St. Louis was their happy place. They probably should have stayed there.... *shrugs*... moving on...

I was able to go to the African Street Festival with my sister while my godmommy pampered herself at a nail salon. We had such a good time. The park that we visited was perfect and all I could think about was playing under one of those trees. I can honestly see myself living there. My lease is up in July... I'm trying to talk myself OUT OF leaving in a few months. lol... I'm actually thinking about renewing my lease for 10 months and possibly moving to St. Louis in May. That would give me enough time to save and try to find a job. I'm praying about it though..

Sunday was awesome! I really enjoyed the time I spent with them. I think if it were not for seeing them, I would not have enjoyed my trip as much... REAL TALK!

So yea, that was my weekend. I honestly had evey intention on bailing out on the crew that weekend. I'm glad that I was able to go! I left St. Louis thinking about a lot and very hopeful to see what's in my future! We shall see...

Done for now...

Until next time,
♥ Stix

No comments:

Post a Comment