Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 29, 2010

From a RAIDER to a SAINT!!

Finally....

The moment that I've been waiting 1 and 1/2 years for...


I'M OFFICIALLY BACK IN SCHOOL!!!!!! ---->> BOOOO YAHHHH!
(I've known for a few weeks now but now that I'm done with everything... I CAN REJOICE! LOL)


THANK YOU JESUS!!! I wasn't sure if I would see the day, guys! God is good!!!



With all that was going on in my life, it didn't seem possible... BUT TO GOD BE THE GLORY! lol




Please excuse the excitement! I can't contain it! It's just OFFICIAL NOW!



My FAFSA is complete... I bought my first book... I have my school id and password... Class starts on May 4th!!! I AM IN THERE!!!!







There has been a slight change of plans... scenery, I should say. I am no longer a Blue Raider (MTSU) :(.... I am now a Saint! The name of my school is called Ashford University and it's located in Clinton, Iowa. I'm going to school online now. Wait though,... before you worry!!!... The school has the highest accreditation that you can receive in online programs and when I graduate it will seem as though I attended the traditional campus. I am actually a student... I'm just taking the remainder of my classes online.






I changed my degree as well. I think I shared a lot of this with you guys a few blogs ago. After much prayer, I realized that Exercise Science is not the way I want to go. I grew bored with it and that is where I messed up. I didn't want to go to class anymore... and when I did go... I wasn't at all interested in what I was learning! PURE BOREDOM! I decided before I went back to school I would figure out what it is I really wanted to do. I thought about the classes I enjoyed the most and began my research. English was what I was the best in. I made A's in every English course and could write a paper the night before and still ace it! It's what I've always enjoyed. I don't know why I didn't think to do something with writing in the beginning. Teaching was definitely out of the question. I LOVE kids, and I wanted to keep it that way. lol I can only imagine what it's like to teach a classroom of different personalities! I don't think I could handle it. I like to PLAY with kids... not TEACH or be STERN with them.

So... JOURNALISM it is! I found that you can do a lot with a degree in Journalism! I can be a professional blogger, get PAID (big bucks) to update a company's twitter and Facebook pages (Can you believe that?! lol). I can write in magazines! I can go into broadcasting (which I highly doubt I'll try.) It's a lot I can do with it! I'm excited to see what will come of this degree! GOD IS GOOD! I'm finally turning pages in my book! New pages... New chapters! LET'S GO, GOD! A New BEGINNING!!!

Anyway, I had to share that with you guys! I've learned in this last year that God can do ANYTHING... above what I ask or THINK if I let him!!!! (Eph. 3:20) I also learned that He will bless me when I decide to get off my behind and do the WORK! (James 2:17)


"Don't give up on God and He won't give up on YOU!!!... HE'S ABLE!!!" <--- Don't you dare forget that!!!


Until next time,
Stix ♥

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! You know I love knowledge!! We are gonna have the best party when you finish!!

    ReplyDelete