Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Elisha.

I could say a lot about this man.

A dreamer... "If your dream doesn't scare you, you haven't started dreaming."

A prophet... "I saw you in Jamaica."

A poet... "Your smile evokes the sensation of hope."

A God send... "Your future is brighter."


Elisha is a friend of Melissa's. The two met a few weeks ago at Borders. Oddly enough that is the same place Sabrina and I met him tonight. Melissa had some Fab Glance work to do so we all went to Borders. She mentioned that Elisha was going to stop by for a second. Cool with us... I didn't think about it much more.

I mean, I wanted to meet the guy. Based on what Melissa had shared with us, I could tell he was really sweet. I learned later that there was so much more to him than that. The man is anointed. I don't even say that about a lot of people. He knew things about me that I had dare to share with anyone. They weren't things that I was ashamed to share, I just never thought to share them. The things that came up were simply things I had briefly thought to myself. I was convinced tonight. God really does... "hear and see all."

I loved the way he worded things. I loved the way he quoted scripture. He wasn't all "deep and religious." As easy and as simple as one would say a sentence, is how he would quote scripture. It was pretty cool, actually. He spoke with such confidence. Very soft spoken, but does a great job of keeping your attention. His accent was a bit strong, so I had to really focus to understand him. It was worth it though. Everything he shared was definitely from God and right on time. God knows who to send when you're in need. Seriously, I don't think I would have received some of the things he said from anyone that I knew. Example... One thing that he mentioned to me several times was, "Your future is brighter." Now if Tamara, Melissa, or Sabrina were to tell me something like that I would probably just shrug it off and go about my business Sad, right?! lol There was something about the way he said it. I believe it AND receive it!!! So cliche... smh

After talking to him, I feel loved... by God. I feel inspired. I feel... what's the word when you have rested awhile after doing a lot... umm.. re-energized?... renewed?... rejuvenated!!! Yea... all of those, probably! lol

He spoke about hearing God's voice... I mean... like really hearing it! It encouraged me to spend more time with God. I spoke to Jeremy about it tonight and it encouraged him as well. We have now incorporated "God time" into our relationship. I always felt like we would eventually come to that. I'm excited to start this new journey with him. Of course I shared with him that I wanted my own "one on one" time with God... but we will also come together later in the day reading the bible and praying! lol That makes me smile.

Well anyway, I could talk about Brother Elisha all day. lol If I never saw him again, I know that he was introduced to me for a reason. I will continue to pray for him! He is an amazing man. The woman God has for him is a blessed woman indeed.

Elisha. (Hebrew) "My God is salvation"; a prophet in the OT; successor to Elijah.

And I leave you with this text that he sent us after he left:

"GODISNOWHERE."
"What did you read, 'God is No Where' or 'God is Now Here'?

Just a beautiful way to say- LIFE IS HOW YOU SEE IT!!

That really blessed me! lol Anyway...

Be encouraged today, guys. God has not forgotten. He knows.

Until next time,
♥ Stix

No comments:

Post a Comment