Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 24, 2009

So far...

::....SO GOOD!!!....::

Well, here it is 8:00pm Christmas night and i'm actually doing a lot better than I thought. I'm spending my first Christmas away from home. I must admit... I thought I wasn't going to make it. But thanks to the best boyfriend in the WORLD and his welcoming family, I almost feel like I'm at home! ;)... Let me start with Christmas Eve...

On Christmas Eve, I went with them to a restaurant by TSU called The Garden Cafe where I had the best omelette of my life!!! I really enjoyed myself. I choked up a little because his family is sooo much like mine. Time spent with them reminded me of home wayyyy more than I anticipated thinking about it. At this point, I knew I was gonna be one depressed MUG on Christmas. His family was very sweet. They did everything they could to make me feel comfortable. After spending some more time with Jeremy at his uncle's house...I was off to work! My shift wasn't bad at all. Not as busy as I thought it would be... I actually did my hair and watched a Christmas movie while I monitored the phone. lol

::....Ok... back to today....::

This morning I received a million phone calls from my mom, my sisters, grandparents, cousins... pretty much everybody wishing me a Merry Christmas and telling me how much they missed and wished I were there! I actually made it through every call without crying. I couldn't believe it. My sis, Kennedi, was the first to call at 5AM... telling me to wake up...as if I were home. lol She wakes up early every Christmas!!! She's a lot like I was on Christmas... Just so freakin' anxious! I was glad she called. It made me feel like I was home... so I went back to sleep... PHONE WOKE ME UP... talked about home... went back to sleep... Finally at 10am when Jeremy's sister called I decided that I needed to get up. NO SLEEPING IN FOR ME! lol Jeremy called a few minutes later and told me to start getting ready so he could come and get me... I was gonna spend some time with him and his family before heading to work. Jeremy has been doing everything in his power to make sure I'm enjoying myself while I'm away. He's my favorite! lol

Once we arrived at his mom's house, everyone was getting ready to head to Jeremy's aunt and uncle's. Their ENTIRE FAMILY spends the night there on Christmas! That tradition is A LOT like one of mine back home... only everyone stays at my house on Christmas EVE and we wake up together on Christmas. Well anyway... I watched TV with his sisters and then I got a text from my mom!!!.... It was for Jeremy's mom!!! It said, " Show this to Jeremy's mom: Hello. I can't wait to meet you. Your son is the perfect gentleman and I know that it is because of our God in you. Thank you for being the host family for my baby. This is the first year she hasn't been with me for Christmas but it makes it easier knowing she is with a loving family. Thank you and Merry Christmas." I decided to read it to her because my phone is lame... little... and jacked up. I just knew I would be fine... and then I choked up! LOL... It hit me guys... I WANTED TO BE WITH MY MOMMY! :( ugh!! I tried to hide how I really felt but his mom knew that I was close to tears. THANK GOD SHE DIDN'T TRY TO HUG ME!... It would have been OVER! I managed to hold back the tears... She and his step dad talked to me and helped me feel better about not being at home! So... I say all of this to say: I'm not home for the holidays... it sucks a little... but I'm making it! Thank God for Jeremy and his family!

I'm at work now... I've fallen asleep twice... SO READY FOR MY SHIFT TO BE OVER WITH! Jeremy drove me to work today... Let's hope he's on time picking me up!!!!

::...Oh yea.. Wanna know what I got for Christmas so far?!....::

On the 23rd, Jeremy and I went to Memphis to see my family. We have a few traditions leading up to Christmas. On the 23rd, we bake cookies with the kids. Since I was off I decided to go and asked if Jeremy wanted to tag along and meet everyone! I won't make this long... JEREMY WAS A HIT, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!! My family LOVED HIM! They all thought he was a perfect gentleman. He fit right in with my family... They are all LOUD and like to embarrass you with lame stories!... yep... They tried to embarrass me with a story or two... but they didn't win! I was not embarrassed...! They did tell some good ones though! lol Jeremy didn't appear shy at all! He talked with everyone... spoke in the circle before we said grace... He made me proud!... I finally have the approval of my family... so we're good! ;)

::....Ok, i had to mention that to tell this part....::

As part of my Christmas gift, my aunt gave me a bowl of her Shrimp N GRITS!. On Christmas morning we eat breakfast together... She always makes shrimp n grits for me.... I LOVE THEM SOOO MUCH! Since she knew I wasn't going to be home, she made me some to take back with me!!! GOTTA LOVE MY FAM! She also bought me a leopard snuggie... THAT I LOVE!!!

My bud, Mel Watkins bought me the coolest talking Japanese watch!! LOL... So random... so green... SO PERFECT!

My mom, Sabrina Washy bought me a cool, green sweater that coincidentally matched my watch, an orange graphic tee that says " i only date nerds", a JUNO DVD, and a magazine with MERYL STREEP on the cover!!! Yep... my mom's the bomb.

Jeremy is bringing my gift after work... I'll have to tell you that later. I heard from several people that I'm getting three gifts! can't wait! ;)

Ok... there are more gifts... but I'm tired of typing. I think I'm about to go back to sleep... This shift is going by slow as crap!!! I'm outtie!!!!

Until next time,
P-ce!

No comments:

Post a Comment