Total Pageviews

Monday, July 12, 2010

Think POSITIVE...

The other night I turned my TV to TBN because I heard that Forever Jones was going to be featured. (Click here to go the blog entry where I talk more about them.) To my surprise Melinda Doolittle was a guest as well! A few of my friends and I had the pleasure of eating lunch with her last month, so I was already aware of how great of a person she was! I'm so serious when I say that the joy of the Lord is all over her. She is genuinely the happiest person I know! What a great trait to have!!! I learned a lot of things about her in her interview, but what stood out was her testimony on where she gained that happiness!


Like we all did as a child, Melinda would come home from school with the most negative things to say about her day. Her mom didn't like that too much, so she told her that in the future before she can say anything negative about her day she would first have to say 3 positive things! She learned that after saying those 3 positive things, the negative things didn't seem so bad! I loved that! She still does that today and as a result lives a very happy life!

I've decided that I will do that as well! I'm sure that's exactly what God wants us to do!! We all know God is fair and gives us choices, right?! Does that not seem like something He would want us to do?!.. Not force us to be Positive Patty all the time, but give us the choice to be Negative Nancy at least once!!!... and at the end of the day... Those positive thoughts will knock that ONE negative thought right out the window and you'll feel better about life!! Is that not the most awesome way to kick the devil's negativity out for good?! I mean... really?! ;)


So I challenge you... Think positive first! Count your blessings!!! Your life is not as bad as you think!! It could be so much worse, right?!

Here's Melinda's motto as well: ♥ this!!!


#DREAMBIG
#PRAYHARD
#BEPREPARED

Does that not preach or what?!? lol

Ok... Go on about your business... THINK POSITIVE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!! ;)




Until next time,

♥ Stix

2 comments:

  1. Yes, ma'am; that'll preach! Thanks for this wonderful post, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete