Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

MusiqInTheMagiq

Let's talk about this cd that I can't get over.


I've never been a huge fan of Musiq Soulchild. I blame my best friend, Sequoia, who played his first album like it was the only cd in the world. I HATED HIM and I had no reason other than I was tired of hearing those same songs. Oh how the tables have turned. Since buying MusiqInTheMagiq about a month ago, I literally can't stop playing it.

My boyfriend encouraged me to buy the album and while I was totally against it, I decided that I would give Musiq another try. This cd does so much for me. I don't know if it's because I'm at a place where I can now relate with most of the songs, or what... but at the end of the day... THE CD GIVES ME LIFE. It has a cool, mellow groove to it-- I would sum it up as FEEL GOOD music mixed with relatable lyrics and beasty singing!! Call me mushy, but I have to say this album celebrates love in such a beautiful way!

Musiq has that smooth, sexy voice that most love songs need. His voice makes each song personable. Listening to "sayido" makes me want to do just that. Hearing "yes" makes me believe that Musiq and I were meant to be together forever. lol... Seriously!

MusiqInTheMagiq has it's ballads as well as a few hip, up-beat songs that can be played while on the road or while cleaning.... Believe me, I've played them while doing both!

I would call it one of his best, but don't take my word for it. After all, I'm not his biggest fan. My suggestion would be to get it for yourself and watch it bless your life. I can listen to this entire cd without skipping a song, but of course I have my favorites. Check them out below. The songs in bold are those REPEAT songs!! lol







2. single




3. sayido





4. lovecontract





5. silver&gold





6. waitingstill





10. yes





11. medicine





If you haven't already, GO BUY THE ALBUM! I can't stress this enough! It's that LOVE album you need... I think so anyway!



Until next time,



♥ Stix!

3 comments:

  1. Asia just went to his concert and was backstage with him. I felt the exact same way YOU felt about him too and now I can honestly say, I appreciate his music. Thanks for sharing!! =]

    Kimberly, FWB

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yea, Musiq wins in my book! He's pretty awesome!! Glad you agree!

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... I had no idea Musiq even HAD a new album out! #losing

    Gotta cop that. Thanks for the heads up! LOL

    ReplyDelete