Total Pageviews

Monday, July 19, 2010

::.... Totally Committed ....::

"God never ceases to amaze me. Be faithful. Show up. He'll do the rest."
-Francesca Battistelli via twitter. (@francescamusic)

Amen, Francesca!!

Last week was rough!!! I had such HIGH expectations for that week. I had so many plans and when most of them failed...

I was upset.

I was frustrated.... confused.

I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I felt like I was giving a lot... "Why wasn't ANYTHING going as planned?! Where are my blessings?!"

I was sad...

I began to worry....

My lease is up on Aug. 10th and I had yet to find an apartment. I totaled my car in March and I had yet to buy a car!!! Things were looking bad! I had plans to get a car this week but it seemed like that wasn't working out. I mean every time I seemed to be getting up... I felt like I was being knocked right back down.

By Saturday, I had had enough! I laid in my bed and the tears began to fall. As bad as I wanted to blame God... I couldn't!!! I wanted to give up... He wouldn't let me! Donnie McClurkin's song came to mind, "I'll Trust You" and I immediately went online on my phone and listened... and cried! Next I played James Fortune's "I Trust You" and cried some more. The moment I began to believe it my mom called. She helped me so much.

"A delay... is not a denial. Who knows... YOUR car probably isn't there yet! No sense in wasting your time or anyone else's by going down there before God has instructed you to. Trust God... HAVE FAITH!"-Mom.

It was just what I needed to hear... I tried going to sleep and when I didn't succeed I called my grandma. She called me when I was going through and I wasn't ready to talk. I realized that God was trying to help me... He sent me help and encouragement to keep me going!!! It helped!!!

Today's service was the icing on the cake!!! From worship to the altar call, God WAS THERE!! Bishop's message was exactly what I needed. He reminded us of how we can't operate in our will. Sometimes the plans we have for ourselves are not the plans God has for us!! It's time to TRUST HIM!!!... It's' time to agree with the plan God has for us and not our own. As many times as I'd heard that before, today was the day that it stuck! It was the day that I really understood it!

God's presence was so heavy... so refreshing!!! I loved it!!! I NEEDED IT!!! I watched one of my closest friends get the release... the breakthrough... the BLESSING OF THE LORD!!! I rejoiced with her. The moment that touched me the most was when my other friend and I went over to pray and support her! It spoke volumes to me... it was symbolic of what we've been doing all along. We've been there for each other through our hard times. We've held each other up and in that moment I knew... God is about to bless us all together... but in different areas in our lives! God is good and I thank Him daily for the support and love that I receive from them daily. They haven't given up on me... They have been right there... through it all!!! And for that... I LOVE THEM!!!

Anyway... let me get to the "cherry on top" of this iced cake! lol

My friend Renee knows a lady at her job that has to move back to Dallas to take care of her mom. She had just signed a 12-month lease and needed someone to sub-lease it for her. Renee told her about me and the rest is history!!!! Let's just say that as of today I now have my own apartment... in the Brentwood area and only paying $450. The lights are already on and I can move in.... on Tuesday if I want to!!! The lady also left me some things that she won't need when she moves back to Dallas. She was so sweet! God is so good.--He pretty much handled that situation before I had much time to worry about it. My biggest worry at the time was my car... and now... I know God will handle it!

Psalm 46:10... "Be still and know that I am God!"

He doesn't have to say that again!!!

I'm still...

I trust HIM...

I BELIEVE....

I AGREE... with the plan HE has for my life!!!

I pray that you can do the same. Trust me. His plan is far better than the one you have planned for yourself!!! Commit to Him... Trust Him... He has so much in store for you...!!!!

I'm out for now...

Until next time,
Stix

2 comments: