Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

God moments.

Last Tuesday, I went to Schlotzsky's Deli for their awesome $2.99 pizza special and had an encounter with four of the sweetest male preteens. As I drove around the building, they simply smiled and waved. First of all, I fell in love with them immediately because that is something I would do! Lol I LOVE waving at strangers! Second of all, how many little boys do you know are that kind?? Okay, maybe I gave them too much credit. They could have been playing around and saying horrible things about people as they drove around. Lol They seemed different. Kind. *shrugs*

Anyway, "Cute!" is what I thought as I rolled my window down to place my order. After completing my order, paying, getting my food, blah, blah, blah.... I went back around the building wondering what the boys were going to do this time. My window was down, so as they smiled and waved, I heard them say, " GOD BLESS YOOOUUUUUUU!!" I smiled, waved, and sent the same blessings their way! Another screamed, "I think I've seen you before." Another screamed, " BEAUTIFUL!" Sweet. Maybe those boys go to my church.... *shrugs*

As I drove away I was tempted to turn back around and eat my dinner with them. Because that is not me AT ALL, I took my little happy tail back home.

What's crazy is that I felt AWFUL as I ate my food at home. I really felt like I was supposed to eat with them. WHAT IF that was an opportunity to speak life into them?! WHAT IF I was suppose to encourage them to continue to follow God with that joy I saw on them?! WHAT IF that was an opportunity for ME to learn from THEM?! I prayed for those boys and repented for not listening to God! "What ifs" are so freakin' lame and I don't want to walk in that... EVER again!

So yeah... God moments. That's what I've decided to call them. How often do we pass those by? There is always an opportunity to preach the gospel, to be a light, to show love. Take advantage of those moments. This world needs to see more of God in others!!!

Until next time,

-Jess-

No comments:

Post a Comment