Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 13, 2009

But the greatest of these is....

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My weekend has been THE BOMB.COM!!! (as AJ would say!) I did a few new things this weekend! I actually had a lot of fun!!! I was off the entire weekend.. only because I worked like a Hebrew slave all week... with not much to show for it!!! Still praying that other job comes through... Are you praying?!
Anyway, I feel refreshed... lol I tried to find another word but that's exactly how I feel. I need to have more weekends like this!
MY SISTER'S KEEPER
I was able to bond with new and old girls from the organization that I am in, MSK! Have I told you about this organization? Well, it's a christian organization for women that I joined about 2 years ago. It's located at my church as a community chapter and there are two collegiate chapters. I'm a member of the collegiate chapter at MTSU. I joined the organization so that I could have accountability, a support system, and be surrounded by women who all love the Lord and want to make a difference in the lives of others. :)
My sisters are the bomb!! Friday night I worked a double... I decided at the last minute... that I was gonna stay with one of my MSK sisters, Cris that night. I ended up staying with another, Lola... we caught up and had a great time. It was great chillin' with her. We literally talked until we fell asleep... at least I think that's how it happened. I remember falling asleep... I hope she wasn't still talking. LOL...
Saturday we had a business retreat! OMG! I loved it... We did a lot of activities to get to know each other... some were fun... some brought us close to tears! It was great. Our advisors brought us the Word in their own way. It was great. We learned about what it means to be sisters... how to have each others back!!!... HOW TO LOVE EACH OTHER... which I know we already do! I feel so close to them! I'm excited about this year. We are gonna minister more on campus... which is why we're there... that's exciting! I can't wait! I LOVE THE LORD... and yall know I'll do everything in my power to help others get to KNOW Him too! UGGGHHH.... I LOVE YOU JESUS!!! lol... STOP IT!... ok! I had plans to go home Saturday night... but I was way too tired so I stayed at Cris' house. We had an opportunity to catch up as well... I LOVE THAT GIRL!!! Let me tell you! She has the hardest exterior ... but she is SOOO SWEET! That's my girl... my lil sis...
FAMILY REUNION!!!
Ok... So today started off so wrong! I woke up super late... like 7:05 and I had to be at church at 8:30!!! I WAS STILL IN MURFREESBORO!!!!! Not good. I should have been out of there at 6:45! My butt should have gone home last night. Oh well... I got to church at like 8:45 and had not missed a thing! PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Today my church went out into the community to preach the Word of God to those who may not want to hear it, who can't get to church... whatever the reason... THEY WERE GONNA HEAR THE WORD TODAY! Ha... I love it! I didn't get the opportunity to go out because it was my Sunday to work children's church. You all know that I LOVE KIDS so I wasn't hurt at all about not going out with them. Our kids LOVE God... I love it... don't get me wrong... they are a bit wild... but they KNOW GOD... AND THEY KNOW WHAT HIS WORD SAYS! They will correct you in a hot minute if you are not careful. I love them! I thought I was helping out... for the past few months that's all I've been doing. Well... I was supposed to teach this Sunday... I had no clue. Ms Cynthia mailed out our outlines last month... for some reason I didn't get mine... So I had to read mine during Praise and Worship and figure out how to teach it to 7-12 year olds in a way they would understand what I was saying. Thank God it was easy. My lesson was on LOVE!!!! How ironic!!! I've been surrounded by LOVE all weekend!... It was gonna be easy. In the outline they gave me the scripture and a way to explain it to them... WHAT BETTER WAY TO GET KIDS TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING THAN WITH MONEY?! lol... They were all ears. I won't go into all the details but the scripture was 1 Corinthians 13:13, "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." The kids seemed to enjoy the lesson... and when asked questions at the end... they could answer them!!! YESSS THEY LISTENED!! Good... can't wait to do it again!!!
We had a picnic after everyone returned from doing the mission work! We all ate, chilled, laughed... HAD A GOOD TIME! It felt a lot like a family reunion! I could literally FEEL/SEE THE LOVE!!! I loved it! I met a lot of new people and hung out with my buddies! I danced with my new little brothers and sisters and chilled with some of the older members. Those are my folks! LOL...
Have you guys ever heard of the Jerk?! It's the weird dance that looks like a backwards skip!!! HARD AS CRAP!!!... well to me anyway! I know I looked a hot mess, but I tried!... and I'm gonna keep trying until I get it!...AND I WILL GET IT! My little brother Zack was really trying to teach me! He was so sweet and patient! I think he was like 17... IDK!
Anyway, I ended up staying until the end! I was soooo tired afterwards... but it was worth it!!! I played with the kids, talked to a few of them... I had a ball! I wish we could do stuff like that more often!!! OH, AND IT WAS HOT!!! I was craving a route44 CHERRY LEMONADE SLUSH like the entire time!... When it was over... you better believe I stopped by Sonic. I got Jeremy one too!!!... poor thing looked like he was about to die! LOL...
SOOOOO....
That was my weekend!!!!! THE BOMB... too bad Monday is only 5 hours away!!! OH WELL... time to do it all over again! I wonder what I'll be doing next weekend??!?!?
Here's the jerk... so it's only in the very beginning, but the choreo to this song is SICK!!! Aj... we have a dance to learn!!!! "TEACH ME HOW TO JERK!!!" <----- click HERE!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!! You'll enjoy it! I promise! :) I couldn't embed it like I wanted! :(
Until next time,
P-CE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Shut the freak up!!! OMG, I LOVED THE VIDEO!!! I want to do choreo so bad, but my dag-blasted knees just keep telling me no! LOL

    I've GOT to learn to do the jerk, man! Seriously! I'm gonna work on that!

    So glad you had an awesome weekend. It does feel good to be surrounded by people who show you love. Good friends are the bomb.com. MSK sounds like a great organization.

    I'ma start calling you Teacher Jess. LOL. You betta teach dem kids, ma'am! lol. LOVE YOU LOTS!

    ReplyDelete