Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 3, 2009

"One Step at a Time"

Yea, yea!... It's been forever, right?! I've been doing a lot... growing a lot... going through a lot... BUT I'M ALL GOOD NOW!!! lol I haven't forgotten about blogging... I even have a few drafts from where I started blogs but decided not to post them!!! I decided that those blogs weren't all that important! Blogging is fun... I only choose to blog about what I don't' mind you guys reading...no sense in posting about drama that I don't want you asking about, right?! Not looking for that type of attention!!!!!
BAD NEWS...
I decided to stop the Jamaica blogs!!! I've allowed too much time to go by to continue with them!!! Just know that my trip to Jamaica was life changing! I've grown in my relationship with God and I'm not afraid to BOLDLY PROCLAIM THAT I LOOOOVVEEE GOD!!!!... AND I WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO LOVE AND KNOW HIM TOO!
POST JAMAICA!!!!
Since Jamaica, I've been on assignment to get close to the youth at my church, show them the love of God, and teach them what it looks like to serve Him and still have fun!! I've been hanging out with our youth leader and he has included me in a lot of upcoming events! I'm so excited about that!

Last Sunday I went to Woodland Hills with our youth! Woodland Hills is a development center for young men. I think you have to have had 3 felonies to get in this place! THESE GUYS ARE HARDCORE!!!... I was blessed by them though!... Through their tough shell, I could see Jesus! Some of these boys were quoting scripture like it was nothing! You could tell they were raised by people who know God and tried to raise them to know Him too. I believe they listened... they know what's right... They just aren't surrounded by enough people to help them live this life! It's not easy... it's always easier when you have friends/loved ones who are trying just as hard as you to be more and more like Him!

Our ultimate goal was to let them know that we are no different from them. Our story may not be theirs but we all have done things that aren't pleasing to God... We wanted to show them something different... how to turn away from those things that got them there in the first place! I LOVED IT... I'm convinced that I was called to do mission work... This isn't as big as a trip to Jamaica but their souls are just as important! They received us and opened up in a way I didn't expect! It looks like we'll be going back more often. We will be teaching on Sunday mornings now! I think I will teach on 1st Sundays... still waiting on details! I was also asked to come back and help with the guitar lessons on Thursdays. I don't want to go by myself so one of the guys from the youth group, Taylor peoples, who is also a guitar player may go with me!!! I can see relationships forming with these guys already! They all are like little brothers and sisters to me... So anyway... that's where the growth has taken place! God is doing some things and I'm excited about it!

Speaking of God doing things...
God is showing out!!!... straight up... SHOWING OUT! I'm going back to school in the Spring! lol... I only shared this with my best friend because I hate telling people that I'm going to do something and it not go that way!... Things are looking up so I don't mind sharing. I knew I needed to go back... I just didn't know how I was gonna do it... or if it was time to do it! I received confirmation from some random guy in Jamaica on the beach!... I knew it was God... He didn't know anything about me yet he was really talking like he knew me... AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE... like a movie or something!... So yea... I knew I needed to make some changes in order to do this... This meant letting go of some things that I had grown to love!!!... like my DREAM CAR!... My baby... MY XTERRA!!! I love that truck so much! It's all I've ever wanted since I was like 13!... The note was crazy high though... and I wasn't getting the help that was promised to me when I first got it... After paying my car note,my phone bill,and my rent I had no money left to save for school!... Since my truck is the highest bill... it had to go!.... Yep guys... I don't have my truck anymore!!!!! :( GOD BLESSED ME WITH A 2005 DODGE NEON THOUGH!... She's cute too!!!... I haven't named her yet... but she'll get one soon... got to get to know her first! LOL! With my note being only $188, $264 less than what I was paying before, I'm sure to get back in school next semester! I'm excited... cuz one of my besties is going in the Spring too! It should be fun going back to school with her! SHE'S THE BOMB!

THAT'S NOT ALL!!!!!... Looks like I may have another job soon!!! Yep... something other than Olive Garden. I would be working from 10pm-7am... perfect time for going back to school... I think so anyway. I'm pretty sure I'll work both jobs until I go back to school in January. I'll give you more details WHEN I land the job! Pray with me guys...!!!!

Was there anything else I wanted to share with you guys?!... hmmmm

YYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!... GO AND BUY WHITNEY HOUSTON'S NEW CD, "I look to you!!!!" IT IS SOOOOO GOOD! I've been listening to it none stop for the last 3 days!!! GO COP THAT... IT'S A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!

Ok... I have plans to chill with my homie, AJ! I guess I should start making my way out...

Until next time,
P-ce!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! AWESOME! AND I REPEAT AWESOME! Dude, I had no idea you were getting involved in so much at Born Again. That is the BOMB. That makes me miss being involved in a church SOOOOO FREAKIN MUCH. : - ( I don't know. Right now so much shifting is going on in my life, I don't want to pick a church to JOIN until I feel more settled and I get a job that will actually let me go to church every Sunday morning.

    But yeah, super excited about what God is doing through you STIX!!! You be g'on 'head and do yo Christ thang, lady! lol

    Love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete