Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

STRESS-FREE PLANNING

I'M 417 DAYS FROM MY WEDDING!!!....


and so ready to ELOPE!

I've spent most of my life planning my wedding, but NOT ONCE did I think about the many personalities that would show their faces during this process. I always imagined it being stress-free. I always imagined it running smoothly and everyone kind of just going with the flow with what I had in mind. Nope not the case!!

...::sigh::... Why can't that be my reality?

I would encourage anyone who is single or almost married, lol, to mentally prepare for the different personalities that WILL come your way! Whew... the announcement of your engagement alone will bring out many wolves!! *interceding for you now, my friend*

AND ANOTHER THING! I've always KNOWN who was going to be in my wedding... Thanks to my amazing fiance' who doesn't want a circus wedding, my wedding party is a lot smaller than I wanted. I'm honestly okay with that now. That decision made the bridesmaid situation less stressful.

Here's the thing though, I have to figure out what to do with all of my friends! It would be a lot easier if Darius and I didn't have so many siblings that I would like incorporate in the wedding. I just might have to add my homies to the guest list..... I'm still trying to figure that part out.

...::sigh::.... At the end of the day, I'm just ready to be married!!

I talked to my big sister from St. Louis today who encouraged me to just breathe and take a step back. There is so much that Darius and I would like to have set in stone before he is deployed, but right now, I have to chill. I'll probably step back into planning and making decisions next week. That is when Darius will be in town and when we meet with a wedding planner. My prayer is that she will help guides us in what is already a STRESSFUL PROCESS!

*takes a deep breath* MOVING ON...

It's amazing to see this process first hand-- my reality! It's going so much differently from what I imagined, that's for sure!

LOL... Word of Advice, ladies.... STOP PLANNING YOUR WEDDING! IT'S NOT GONNA GO THE WAY YOU PLANNED!!


The colors that I've always dreamed about---CHANGED!


My bridesmaids--CHANGED!


My wedding location-- CHANGED!

LOL! Seriously though, It kind of makes sense. How can you plan a wedding without your fiance'? To hand him all of the ideas that YOU came up with by YOURSELF, is a little selfish...don't you think? Besides, it's much more fun with him by your side.

Darius gave me a lot of control in the decision making process at first and to be honest I was upset about it. (I know... I was shocked by it myself.) I thought that he didn't care. You'd be surprised how involved you will want your fiance' to be!! Things have definitely changed! He and I talk about it a lot more now and it's not forced! He's genuinely excited. I just received an email from him today with a possible photographer for the wedding and engagement photos. It made me smile!

Anyway, there's my vent for the day!!


Have a blessed week!!

Stix

No comments:

Post a Comment