Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 22, 2010

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!

You know, guys!!! When I hear God,... I hear Him!!! Now... do I listen immediately is another story! lol

"God is too good to be treated like that!" ... "How dare you NOT listen to the One who knows ALL!"

lol I hear you... judgmental, religious one!!!... but I'm not gonna sit up here and act like I am on the UP-and-UP all the time! There are times when I allow my situation to get the best of me!... Times where I choose not to do anything and just sulk in my mess! It is in that time that I get so caught up in it that I believe that He doesn't hear or care to help me! I open the door for the devil to come right in and jack up my thoughts! God is so cool though! He never fights with me! He sits right there and waits on me to get tired and realize where my help comes from! I love me some HIM!

I've been doing a lot of whining lately!!!!! "WHY AM I GOING THROUGH THIS, GOD?!... WHY DO I HAVE TO GO WITHOUT A CAR?!... CAN I HAVE MY CAR NOW, PPPLLEEAASEEEE?!" Yep... that's EXACTLY how I've been talking to Him! And here is what I hear in return:

"Draw nigh to me..."
Of course I knew that was a scripture. I had to look it up though.
James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."

It took a minute, but it hit me! God wants me to be close to Him! He desires something greater than what we have! He wants a real relationship with Him!... not that religious stuff that people seem to be content with nowadays! It makes sense though! Now that I am without immediate transportation, I have so much time to spend in His presence! “Cleanse yours hands, sinner?” Uh-oh! There are some things I need to take a look at where God is definitely not pleased! Ok… I get it! I hear you, Lord!

Then I heard Him again... randomly! "Faith is the substance of things hoped for!" (Hebrews 11:1)

Me: "Yea, yea, God! I know that one!
Him: "How do you receive faith?"
I'm like: "duh, God! Faith comes by hearing... and hearing by the Word of God!"
lol I'm not playing! It happens like this sometimes!


I received another revelation! Here I am walking around like I have faith!... Faith that God is gonna bless me with a car! Faith that I am gonna come out of this financial bondage!... How the heck do I have faith and I don't read my bible consistently?! How am I supposed to BELIEVE that I'm gonna get a car and I don't even have a scripture to stand on!!! Silly me!! See, that's what happens when you walk around all religious-like thinking you got it all together! You quote scripture without even knowing what you’re saying!... still going through the same stuff! *tsk tsk*

I had a dream of a conversation that my spiritual mom and I had in “real life”(lol) the other day! It was the SAME EXACT CONVO! She said to me, "If this was my test, I would have passed a long time ago! You gotta listen to God! You have to draw near to Him!" I was like, "Ok. (in my head saying) WHATEVER!" When I woke up, I knew what I had to do! I knew that I had to let go of "SELF" (my flesh) in order to pass this test! I take what Paul said much more seriously now! I have to crucify my flesh... DAILY!... or else I’ll get caught up in the same mess, wasting time in the process!

I didn't write this blog to be judged! In fact, I rebuke YOUR religious spirit in the name of Jesus! I wrote this in hopes that through my transparency someone will receive the help they need! I want people to know that it’s ok to be REAL! That is usually when you receive the help you need! When you’re honest with God, yourself, and those around you!

SIDENOTE: Isn't it cool how God runs after you even when you aren't chasing after Him! He really does love you, you know?! That's finally beginning to register with me!

Ok!!... Do me a favor!!! Real quick!...

Take a look.. and I mean... really look at your situation!!! WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL IN THE SAME SPOT?! WHY DOESN'T IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE COMING OUT?!

Now simply say to God: Lord, show me!! and trust that He heard you!

I guarantee there is a purpose behind it all! ;)

Like the church folk say... "Let your mess become your message!" What most people fail to realize is that you have to go through something and do the work before it becomes a MESSAGE!!! lol You feel me?!

Don't be like me! Pass the test the first time!

"What this world needs is an intravenous shot of the Gospel that isn't poisoned with Religiosity!" -Japhia Life

I am shocked to know that religiosity is a real word! lol WOW! That is beside the point! I totally agree with that statement though. Going back to what I was saying earlier, being "religious" (in the sense that the person believes they are greater than everyone else; being caught up in self and not of saving souls) will block you from the very blessing that God has for you! Being caught up in self will get you nowhere! I mean really... think about it... Was Jesus so caught up in self... and His "relationship" with God that he didn't have time to help those around Him!?... umm I think not!!! So PLEASE... don't lose sight of who you are! Read your bible, grow in the Lord, and preach THE GOSPEL! WE ARE CALLED TO SAVE SOULS, DUDE!!!!

Alright... to sum it all up though! Listen to God today! He has something to say!... and even better... HE REALLY WANTS TO BLESS YOU!!! Get the heck out of the way! ;) *BAM* I rhymed! HA!

Until next time,
Stix

2 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

    Dude... this right-here blog blessed the junk outta me!!!! I actually read it TWICE, lol! Do you realize that you just PREACHED up on this-here blog?! I am so serious, your blog reached deep down in me and shook me! Thank you so much for your transparency. It's time for me to PASS MY TEST TOO!!!!! And I'm starting TODAY.

    AND CONGRATULATIONS! lol

    Love you, girl. This blog was the bomb.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Yes, GOD! Cool beans! God is the bomb.com! SHOOT! ;)

    ReplyDelete