Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Home for the Holidays!!!!

Before I begin... I can't believe it's already December!!! Like... Christmas is almost here!!! I LOVE Christmas!! The cold weather... the heat... seeing every body's Christmas decorations!!! It makes me feel like a kid again!.. I think I believe in Santa Claus around this time too!! LOL... It's something about this season... It makes me forget about how jacked up my life is and I just get HAPPY!!! IDK... lol... it's weird!




So yea... Thanksgiving!
I went home for Thanksgiving!... and had sooooo much fun!!! OMG! I must say though... when I first got to Memphis I was ready to leave! My mom was in the worst mood of all time... and it didn't help that I was grumpy and not in the mood for foolishness either! lol... My mom and I are a lot a like... so being around each other when we BOTH are in a bad mood is not cute... AT ALL!!! I made it in at like 9 or 10... and there was still a lot to be done before Thursday. It was my mom's bright idea to have everyone over our house for Thanksgiving!!! I hate when that happens because we end up being left with all the work when everyone leaves! You would think the family would want to help out just a little before they leave... GEEZ! AND... My mom likes to play Martha Stewart when she hosts events so we had a lot of last minute decorations to put up... We were up until about 1am.... Everything looked great though!!!
"The Thanksgiving Blues"
Thanksgiving day was a lot better! We all woke up in high spirits... laughing at each other and getting ourselves ready for our company! We were supposed to eat at 2pm... We didn't eat until like 4pm! Of course I wasn't too happy about that. My step dad didn't want to start until his grandmother arrived. She is pretty old, 88 to be exact, and he has this weird fear that she won't see many more Thanksgivings... So I kind of understood why we waited... It didn't change the fact that we all were STARVING!!!! My mom made me bring my guitar home so my cousin Derek and I did our best to entertain everyone while we waited! It was fun!... Derek showed out! He's been playing for like 8 years! Oh and we wrote a song called "The Thanksgiving Blues"!!! It ended up being the bomb.com! We all put in our own little verses about how hungry we were while my cousin played a few blues progressions on my guitar... MY GRANDMOTHER even got in on it! lol... My aunt recorded the whole thing, so I'll put it up when she emails it to me! Now THAT was the highlight of my weekend! We had a blast!
We tried a new tradition this year... We all sat around one HUGE table and ate. We usually sit all over the place... The men are usually somewhere near a TV... the women are usually in the kitchen/dining room area.... and the kids are usually around a table in my brother's room. I enjoyed the new way the best. We all sat around listening to each other's conversations... learning a lot from each other... both young and old! It was like a movie! We all were super happy and enjoying each other's company. I love my family! I don't get to see them as often as I would like.... it was great seeing everybody all at once!!!
WE HAD SOOOO MUCH FOOD! I don't even feel like typing it all! IT WAS ALL AMAZING!!!!!! And we had so much leftover! I'm soooo over turkey and dressing right about now! lol... Anyway... Thanksgiving was great! It ended way too soon though! :(...
I spent the rest of my "mini-vacation" at the house!... I didn't do much at all and it felt GREAT! I was supposed to go to a house party for my friends' birthday... I somehow got lost and ended up going back home! lol... I kind of didn't want to go anyway... so I wasn't too messed up about it. I ended up chillin' with my family... watching bootleg (*in the voice of Sabrina**..."MEMPHISSSSSS") DVDs and eating the entire time I was home! GOOD TIMES, FOLKS... GOOD TIMES! I talked to my friends back in Antioch a time or two... It sounds like they had a blast while I was away. I was happy to hear that considering that they all wanted to be home with their families as well!!! I missed them a lot though!
It is what it is...
I'm back in Antioch... in the BEST MOOD EVER!!! Pretty weird, right?! I usually come back from Memphis in the WORST MOOD EVER... hating my life... and contemplating moving back!... Not this time!!! IDK why!... umm... I DO know that I'm at a point where I'm done trying to figure out why my life sucks or why I'm not moving forward. My life IS WHAT IT IS... and I KNOW it won't be like this forever... So I might as well roll with the punches and "take life as it comes!"
In other news...
I haven't seen my boyfriend in NINE DAYS!!!... NINE WHOLE FREAKIN' DAYS!!! I MISS HIM SOOO MUCH! Yea, yea we talk on the phone every day.. but it's not enough. It looks like I won't be seeing him until Friday. :( We both work all day so we usually don't see each other until the weekends. SUCKS... but hey.. IT IS WHAT IT IS! This guy at work had on the same cologne that Jeremy wears and I almost couldn't take it. lol I want to see him... UGH!
Anyway... I need to shower... I smell like Olive Garden.
Until next time,
P-cE!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new look on the blog!

    Sounds like you had an amazing time for Thanksgiving! And I'm so happy you're in such a good mood about life. Keep it up, homie!

    Reading about all the food you got to eat is making me soooo hungry (I'm at work right now). Missed you while you were gone! We gotta hang soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, homie! I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet... I knew it was about time to let that guitar layout go!

    Thx for commenting!... :)

    ReplyDelete